Sunday, February 24, 2013

Good News

So we've been watching the news lately.  I cannot stand how much political posturing there is!  Each side has  firmly placed their feet in the ground and are not willing to move. So we, as the people, are the ones  that suffer! Anyway, I could go on and on about that, but instead I've decided today to make a  list of what I am grateful for.  These are very simple things, but quite often, it is the simplest things that make our lives joyful.  

1.  I am grateful spring is coming.  Bulbs are sprouting green tops, the weather is a little warmer, and slowly the dawn is coming earlier and sunset is later.  What else does spring bring? Less mildew to clean in the bathroom!

2.  I am grateful Dan and I are both eating better.  We both feel better, and our combined weight is slowly moving downward.  The best part? Sugar free jello with "free" cool whip for dessert - only palatable when shared!

3.  I am grateful for tax time! No I am not crazy....because as soon as April 15 comes we have another whole year to save for next year...it is like a new beginning.

4.  I am grateful for Papa Murphy.  I can eat their thin crust pizza and stick to my diet...now that is a diet I can live with!

5.  I am grateful for moss.  Our lawn is mostly moss this year and it means mowing won't take as long or be as frequent.  I hate mowing!

that is all I can think of today.  Have a great week everyone - I'll be back same time next week!

No comments: