Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dear David

Dear David: Since Sami is here this weekend and you are not, I thought I would write this blog post to you.

It is exciting to me to watch you grow. It was really hard to let you leave to go to college.  You are my youngest, and were my companion that last year of your high school career.  I looked forward to you coming home each afternoon, and really enjoyed spending time with you.  It was such a great year...but made it all the harder for me to let you go.  I was SO unsure that it was the right thing to do, especially after watching how unhappy you were as we arrived in Rexburg.  My  heart ached, and I didn't know what to do.  This was one of those situations where I had to step aside and let the Lord lead.  Plunge into the dark and know that I would be led with a firm a steady hand.  Turns out we were both led....

Fast forward to now....you have grown SO much in the time you have been away.  You've had to make your own decisions and have had to move forward in your life.  I am SO proud of you and the choices you've made.  I am excited to be a part of your life at a time when so many decisions are in front of you.  I am SO grateful - more than you will ever know - for the relationship we have and for the man you are becoming.  Thank you for being the son I always dreamt about having - I would not trade you for anyone, or anything.  I love you!

No comments: