Sunday, February 10, 2013

Signs of Spring

Yesterday unrolled like a perfect Saturday should.  I should backup:  My week started out so-so, but ended with a bang!  I was finally successful in hiring someone to help me with my work - and she started on Friday. I think she is going to work out wonderfully - and that overwhelmed feeling is now going away.  Saturday morning dawned and it started out like any Saturday should - with sleeping in! I got up at 9:45 and ate breakfast, then proceeded to slowly go about my day.  When I tell you what I actually did you will probably laugh at my comment that it was perfect...but to me it was just how I like it.  I cleaned the house, I went walking with a friend in the sunshine -WITHOUT A COAT! - I helped set up a church dinner - I attended/helped with serving/cleanup of the dinner, and was home by 8:30 to relax in my easy chair.  What made this day great was that I could do things at my own pace - on my own schedule - and didn't have to answer to anyone. LOVE IT!

I am really looking forward to more pre-spring days like Saturday.  I am ready to power walk in the sunshine instead of working out indoors. I am ready for my bulbs to push out more and bloom! I opened my bedroom window mid Saturday and let the fresh air in - I am SO READY!

Kid sharing:

When David was about 4 or 5 we went to our annual superbowl party.  We had been telling David that we were going to the superbowl. At that age David was already getting sports minded, and he was excited!  We went to our friends, ate and ate and ate, watched some football, and then started to clean up to go home. At the door as we were saying goodbye David said "are we going to the superbowl now"? We then realized that he didn't understand that we meant "superbowl party" NOT the actual superbowl. After explaining he was incensed...and proceeded to kick his dad in the shin! How dare we tell him we were superbowl bound and then not deliver!

When Sami was about 4 we were rushing around one Sunday trying to get ready for church.  It was one of those days when everything seemed to go wrong, kids were crying, shoes were lost, you name it, it happened. I actually had them buckled in the car and was ready to get in myself when I just gave up. I said "that is IT. We are staying HOME". Moving to unbuckle the kids, Sami said "but mom, aren't we only supposed to stay home when we are sick?"  I stopped, bowed my head, took a deep breath, and said..."yes Sami, you are right". I got in, buckled up, and off we went.  It was such a strong lesson to me - out of the mouths of babes.