Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dear Sami

Now it is your turn! Since David was here this weekend and you were not, I am writing this letter to you.

Dear Sami:

First, I want you to know how proud I am of you.  I watch you struggle with school and being so far away from us, and you just keep moving forward.  I look to you as an example of what it means to follow the Lord and to do His will. You are extremely hard on yourself and you don't give yourself enough credit for your successes.  Remember how far you've come from that first day of college and all you've accomplished - don't let the boogers get you down.

Like David, it was very hard for me to leave you at college that first time.  I'd venture to say it was one of the very, very hardest things I've ever done.  As a parent you're supposed to protect your children, keep them safe.  I felt like you were being ripped from my heart.  It didn't take me long to learn that you needed this experience to grow into the wonderful woman you are today.  I needed it to grow too, and learn that the best gift your child can give you is to grow into independent adults.  I know you don't think you are, but you have definitely grown into a woman that can take care of herself.  I find I am able to see the Lord's hand in your life and it is amazing to see you move from one rung to another of the eternal ladder we are all on.  Don't give up! You will succeed in getting your education and you will know that the path you are on is the right one. I love you!

Mom

No comments: