Sunday, January 6, 2013

Its a Wonderful Life



On each first Sunday of the month, our church encourages us to fast, and to share our testimonies about the Savior with one another.  We do this by coming forward and speaking at the pulpit in the front of the congregation.  Today a man stood and bore his testimony about Christ and his own life. This man was deployed to Afganistan and came home seriously injured.  He talked about how when he was young, his family used to watch "Its a Wonderful Life" at Christmas time. He talked about how boring he thought it was at the time.  Fast forward to this time in his life and he has realized what a "wonderful life" we all really have.  We have a choice - this life is all about choices - to make life the best it can be.  We can choose to look at the dark, dirty, underside of life all the time, or we can choose to look at the bright, shiny parts instead.  The Savior makes it all possible for us to have a Wonderful Life.  We just need to choose to follow Him.  

Christmas was wonderful this year.  Sami talked Dan into getting a tree...we usually don't because of our dogs, but these dogs had never had a Christmas Tree, so we were willing to take a chance.  It was kind of a crooked tree, but to me it was beautiful! And the dogs didn't even show they knew it was there. I'd show you a picture but for some reason I can't get one to show up!

It was hard to let the kids go back to school, even though in my heart of hearts I know that is where they need to be.  I enjoyed having them home again so much.  I pray daily they will find their path in life and that they will remember what we taught them about Heavenly Father.  Love you both!




3 comments:

Sami said...

<3

Angela said...

Sad I missed that sacrament meeting! (I was home with sick babies.) Thanks for sharing his amazing testimony on your blog so I didn't miss it! :)

Julia said...

So, so true - what we see gets bigger for us. What we focus on - magnifies. I love that he said he has a wonderful life - even with the horror he must have been through. Mel, thank you for being a wonderful part of my life!