Sunday, May 4, 2014

Gifts from our Parents

 
I remember when I was young mom complaining that she had a "brown thumb".  She couldn't keep a cactus alive!  She tried and tried though and didn't give up.  Fast forward to today and she is has the ultimate green thumb.  Everything flourishes under her touch and her gardens are beautiful.  When I was a young mother she would visit and couldn't understand why I didn't even have one plant.  I felt like I didn't have enough time in the day to take care of one, so I didn't bother.  Fast forward to today, and I am loving my green friends.  Yesterday I transplanted some plants I received in a beautiful basket given to me when my grandma graduated to the next life (thank you Mike & Julie).  It was fun and I enjoyed digging in the dirt.  I can't wait to garden this year! Thank you mom, for the gift you gave me of loving seeing things grow.  I hope I will be as good as you someday!



 
 
My dad painted these for me as a young married person.  I love them - he definitely has a gift in the arts.  I don't pretend to have this talent, but I love to craft and make something out of nothing.  I do have plans to try to paint someday and am hopeful I will be able to create beautiful pictures like dad does.  Thank you dad, for this gift of art and creating!
 
 
Now I don't have a picture of this next gift, so you'll just have to bear with me.  I have another parent, my dad Don.  He was brought into my life in my early teens - such a hard time of life for most kids.  He taught me perseverance - to work hard and never give up.  To appreciate what you have and love those around you.  I always felt encouraged and supported by him.  Thank you dad, for giving me my "tigger" attitude!

No comments: