Sunday, January 12, 2014

Grandma Visits!

Well, not MY grandma, my kids grandma, which would be MY mom!  She came in on Friday during one of our epic winter rain storms.  At least we aren't having negative temperatures here like she had back home. I am looking forward to some quality time over lunch at El Sarape, and shopping together!  Love it when my mom comes.

When my kids were little one of the things that was frustrating as a mom was having to teach them the same lessons over and over and over.  Pick up your toys, stop chasing the cat, say your prayers, etc. etc. etc.  Now that my kids are grown, I realize that we all have lessons we learn over and over and over.  I'm working on balance this week - balance in all the things I want to do/need to do.  It is a HARD lesson! 

Since snow seems to be out of the question this year, I am wishing for spring now.  I am excited to take the tarp off my garden and start planning. I am excited to put my coat away and leave the back door open while I work.  Sun...please come back!

No comments: