Sunday, November 18, 2012

They're HERE!

It seems like a lifetime ago when we drove Sami and David to college.  At the time I felt like Thanksgiving was YEARS away, and that it would be much too long before I saw them again.  The time passed slowly at first, but then as life intervined it picked up the pace and moved quickly. All of a sudden it was the day before they came home (Friday).  I scurried around trying to make sure the sheets were washed and their beds were made. We had shopped and put groceries we knew they liked in the cupboards.  Saturday morning dawned and we drove to the airport.  We didn't park and go in to wait, much to their disappointment, but met them at the curb, bags in hand. It was SO exciting to hug my babies again, holding them to my heart.  I am SO glad they are home and look forward to spending this week enjoying their company. Pictures for sure next week!

2 comments:

Julia said...

It was wonderful to have you all HERE for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing!

Sami said...

<3
P.S. Nice comment Aunt Julie ;)