Sunday, September 2, 2012

I am on FIRE!

I decided to take my daughter's advice and blog more.  I realized that it is important to record things that happen so I remember them later.  And that it is important for my college kids (BOTH!) to be able to connect with home other than through the phone.  I'm trying to blog every Sunday...and I think this is at least my second time! Hence the title...
I don't have much exciting to report, but I thought I would share a few things I am thankful for:

1.  In the midst of an Eeyore streak, just a little statement on facebook will bring friends to the rescue..and turn that Eeyore streak back into Tigger!  I'm so thankful for family and good friends to lean on when the world looks a little gray.

2.  I am grateful for repentance and forgiveness.  What mistakes I make on a daily basis!  I'm so grateful my family and friends, and Heavenly Father always allow me to say "I'm sorry" and then truly forgive me. 

3.  I am grateful for fall! I love this time of year. I know, I know, we are still dragging out summer...but I am so excited to see the leaves change and get out my sweaters.  I took the advice of a good friend and really tried to enjoy the "heat" of summer this year. I think, except for a few days, I was very successful.  I really enjoyed the blue blue skies, and going barefoot as often as possible.  I am now ready to wear socks, and to curl up with a book in front of the woodstove, and light some yummy spice candles!

4.  I am eternally grateful for my family.  I don't know what I would do without them.  We all bug each other, we all do and say things that drive each other insane sometimes, but in the end, we all love each other intensely.  I'm so glad I get to spend an eternity with all of them.

5. Finally, I am grateful to have God in my life.  He is my protector, my "go to guy" in times of need, and in times of joy.  I am grateful to be able to stand and be counted among his sheep.

Have a great week everyone!