Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Garden Finale





Well I'm considering this years gardening a success. I was very happy with some things, and some things I will not repeat next year. The top two pictures show different angles - the tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, carrots, strawberries, peas and cukes all turned out great. The acorn squash got mad because I tried to move it where it didn't want to go and only gave me two squash...one of which the dog got. My onions are still 3 inches tall. They are still green as grass...but they stay the same size. The lettuce was great, but I didn't pick it all quickly enough so a lot of it went to waste. I will plant it differently next year. I had to replant the carrots, but the second time they came in like gangbusters...and they are all different colors! Tons of tomatoes - and they didn't mind being corraled by bungie cords attached to the fence. The pepper plants looked absolutely sick forever..and now that fall is on its way they are beautiful. I did get some jalapenos, but we'll see if the others mature enough to eat. I did get one red pepper that I ate - you can see it in the third picture of harvested items. It tasted great - but not great enough to pay $5 for the plant to get one pepper. The last picture is of flowers from David. He gave me dahlia tubers for mothers day this year and I planted them in the garden. I got so many beautiful blossoms! Next year I'm going to add potatoes and zucchini and remove radishes, squash, and peppers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cucumber looks soooo good!

Heather said...

Way to go! The garden looks great. I love fresh veggies from my garden. Hope you are well!

mamaseversike said...

Well, where have I been? Your garden was an absolute success! Every year it gets better. Next year we'll hook you up with bunny poo and you'll have more of everything than you know what to do with! Good job.