Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Garden is HERE!





It is done!! As long as we don't get torrential rain in the next few days, I believe I've been successful in my garden this year. I was able to finish weeding and turning it over on Friday - that is the first picture - oh, and the tomato plants I rec'd from Vicki are in too!. It is far from perfect, but most of the weeds and grass are gone and I've raked it. I thought I might die from doing this..it was SO labor intensive. I was about to give up when David appeared with a glass of water - bless my boy! I took a long drink and keep on going. I then let it rest for the day, and then on Saturday Sami and I planted it in the rain. I just wanted to get all the plants and seeds I bought IN. I planted lettuce, carrots, onions, radishes, my mother's day dahlia bulbs, peas, two kinds of cukes, watermelon, honeydew melon, and strawberries. I am SO jazzed!!

4 comments:

Pa said...

what does labor intensive mean??
I'm pretty sure I've spent me whole life trying to avoid labor intensive.

Wishing you a great harvest.

mamaseversike said...

It IS so exciting,isn't it?! I hope our gardens do well, but even if they don't, we were obedient, and we're learning, and we're trying! Danny and I were discussing our little apple tree, and wondering if it would produce this year, or, as he said, "Heavenly Father will just bless us to be able to buy apples again this year." I think that if the tree NEEDED to produce it would be blessed to do so. Right now it's about us having the faith to plant it and care for it. Weed on! :)

Sara Kemp said...

LOVE it! Way to go, Garden Mama!!!!

Anonymous said...

good job! it is a very daunting task.