Saturday, April 16, 2011

Zeus the Wonder Dog



Two posts in one day, I know, can you believe it? I've decided to become better at blogging since I love reading my friend's blogs. This is Zeus. He is my best friend during the day when no one else is at home. He lays behind my computer while I work; when it is raining and we can't walk outside he lays by my treadmill as I sweat away; he even follows me to the bathroom and sits outside the closed door. He lets me know when someone comes to the door, and he makes me feel safe. I don't hesitate to walk around the block or even in the next neighborhood when I have him by my side. We found out recently he has lung cancer. A strange diagnosis for such a young dog (6 years). He still runs around outside like crazy, but he coughs more every day. We will be sad when it is his turn to go to heaven, but I am so grateful to have had him in my life. Love you Zeus!

3 comments:

Angela said...

So sad!! :( It's amazing how much you can grow to love an animal! So sorry for this trial in your life!

Sara Kemp said...

Oh! I meant to ask you about Zeus when I saw you on Tuesday. I'm so sorry about his poor lungs! I'll pray that they are easy on him!!

mamaseversike said...

My dear mother in law is done having dogs, because she can't stand the losing them! I'm glad you have a companion to keep you company during the day. Bet he's even more glad to have you!